The Wild Goose Drop-In Centre provides free hot meals, shower facilities, clothing and toiletries four days a week and an evening meal six nights a week for those in extreme poverty and need. The centre also serves as a hub in signposting to appropriate voluntary and council services for service users.. Alongside this we provide volunteering opportunities and also access points for agencies working with this client group.
What we do
- Provide breakfast and lunch four days a week and an evening meal six nights a week for those in extreme poverty and need.
- Host advisory sessions about housing, finance, employment, health, citizens' rights, alcohol and drug issues in partnership with local statutory and voluntary organisations.
- Host a weekly medical clinic (the ‘wet clinic’) for street drinkers;
- Provide appropriate work and support for volunteers; and
- Engage with young people and schools to increase awareness of homelessness issues and to raise support for CCM.